Welcome to Alan's FUN Trivia Quizzes...
Google

Web Alan's Trivia

Home >> FUN Trivia >> ... Am I >>Where Am I? Ultimate Place Names >> WV Place Name

Picnic Menu Ideas & Planning
Picnic Menu Ideas & Planning

1000s of great recipes and picnic menu ideas

Trivia Quizzes
...Am I
American Civics
Business
Classic Cartoons
Greatest Hits
Food and Drink
Holiday
Movie
Music
National Parks
Old West
Rock and Roll
Sports
Stars, Movie & TV

TV Shows

Ultimate Place Names
US Geography
US History
US Military History
US States History Made Easy
Vehicles (Cars & Motorcycles)
Western Films
Western Stars
Westerns TV
Where Are Famous People Buried?
Year In Music
Year In Westerns

Where Am I? The Ultimate West Virginia Place Names Trivia

These are all well known Ultimate West Virginia Place Names.  I will give you some information and you pick the correct place.  "Check Your Answers" at the end of the page.

Trivia powered by Prof. Walter1) I am a town in Harrison County, West Virginia. The population is 937 at the 2000 census.  I am at the confluence of Tenmile Creek and the West Fork River.
Where Am I?

• Matewan
  • Paw Paw
  • Lumberport
  • Sandfork

2) I am a city in Wood County, West Virginia, along the Ohio River. I am a suburb of Parkersburg. The population is 10,861 at the 2000 census and the third largest city by population in the Parkersburg Metropolitan Statistical Area. I was incorporated in 1935, and named for the town with the same name in Virginia.
Where Am I?

• Vienna
  • Yankton
  • Mayberry
  • Jackson

3) I'm a village in Ohio County, West Virginia. I'm part of the Wheeling, West Virginia Metropolitan Statistical Area. The population is 405 at the 2000 census. I'm located, along Little Wheeling Creek, a tributary of Wheeling Creek.
Where Am I?

• Valley View
  • Smallville
  • Valley Grove
  • Saltville

4) I'm a city in Mercer County, West Virginia. The population is 11,451 at the 2000 census. My history of begins in the 1700s, when two families settle in a rugged and remote part of what is now southern West Virginia, and builds a small village with a mill, a church, a one-room schoolhouse, and a fort for defending the small settlement against invasions by the much larger Shawnee Indian tribe on the banks of the Bluestone River.
Where Am I?

• Mercer
  • Sam's Town
  • Goreville
  • Bluefield

5) I'm a city in and the county seat of Preston County, West Virginia and I'm part of the Pittsburgh DMA. I'm founded in 1815. The population is 2,944 at the 2000 census.
Where Am I?

• Paden City
  • Paw Paw
  • Kingwood
  • Petersburg

6) I'm a city located in the Northern Panhandle of West Virginia. Most of the city is in Hancock County, with the remainder in Brooke County. As of the 2000 census, the city population is 20,411 (16,525 in Hancock County, 3,886 in Brooke County). The small village called Holliday's Cove, which is now most of my downtown, is founded in the late 1700s. On July 1, 1947, all of these areas, Hollidays Cove, Marland Heights, and Weirton Heights, merge and form my area as I currently exists.
Where Am I?

• Weirton
  • Moundsville
  • Orangetown
  • Fife Town

7) I'm a village in Cabell County, West Virginia. You find me located near the second largest city in the state, Huntington. The population is 3,183 at the 2000 census. Just north of me, you find the confluence of the Mud River and the Guyandotte River.
Where Am I?

• Adamsville
  • Barboursville
  • Dansville
  • Stout

8) I'm a town in Kanawha County, West Virginia along the Elk River. The population is 1,116 at the 2000 census. I'm incorporated in 1904 and named for an early pioneer family in the Kanawha River Valley. The first petrochemical plant in the world is built here in 1920.
Where Am I?

• George
  • Clendenin
  • Charles
  • McCoy

9) I'm a city in Lewis County, West Virginia. My population is 4,317 at the 2000 census. I'm the county seat of Lewis County and home to the West Virginia Museum of American Glass. I'm founded in 1818 as Preston; the name is changed to Fleshersville soon after, and then to my current name in 1819. I'm incorporated in 1913. I'm the site of the former Weston State Hospital, a psychiatric hospital and National Historic Landmark which has been mostly vacant since its closure in 1994 upon its replacement by the nearby William R. Sharpe Jr. Hospital.
Where Am I?

• Weston
  • Jackson
  • Ireneville
  • Maggontown

10) I'm a city in and the county seat of Mineral County, West Virginia. I'm a part of the Cumberland, MD-WV Metropolitan Statistical Area. My population is 5,303 at the 2000 census. I'm originally called Paddy Town after Patrick McCarty, son of one of the original settlers. Former Major League Baseball player and current sportscaster John Kruk grew up here.
Where Am I?

• Keyser
  • Kinghome
  • Allentown
  • Horners

Check Your Answers

Where Am I? The Ultimate West Virginia Place Name Trivia [Answers]

1. Lumberport
  2. Vienna
  3. Valley Grove
  4. Bluefield
  5. Kingwood