Welcome to Alan's FUN Trivia Quizzes...
Google

Web Alan's Trivia

Home >> FUN Trivia >> ... Am I >>Where Am I? Ultimate Place Names >> MN Place Name

Picnic Menu Ideas & Planning
Picnic Menu Ideas & Planning

1000s of great recipes and picnic menu ideas

Trivia Quizzes
...Am I
American Civics
Business
Classic Cartoons
Greatest Hits
Food and Drink
Holiday
Movie
Music
National Parks
Old West
Rock and Roll
Sports
Stars, Movie & TV

TV Shows

Ultimate Place Names
US Geography
US History
US Military History
US States History Made Easy
Vehicles (Cars & Motorcycles)
Western Films
Western Stars
Westerns TV
Where Are Famous People Buried?
Year In Music
Year In Westerns

Where Am I?
The Ultimate Minnesota Counties Place Names Trivia

These are all well known the Ultimate Minnesota Counties Place Names.  I will give you some information and you pick the correct place. "Check Your Answers" at the end of the page.

Trivia powered by Prof. Walter1) I am a county located in Minnesota. As of 2000, my population was is 57,159. My county seat is Fergus Falls. American Indians use this area for hunting and fishing and have permanent dwelling sites. Two American Indian tribes are in constant conflict. The Dakota (Sioux) are being pushed from their home area by the Ojibwa (Chippewa) during the late 1700�s and early 1800�s. Burial mounds and artifacts can still be found. Some of the oldest remains of Native Americans are found near Pelican Rapids, Minnesota. The remains, nicknamed Minnesota Girl, are dated at about 11,000 B.C. (in the County Historical Museum). The first white men to enter the county are French and British fur traders.
Where Am I?

• Otter Tail County
  • Carlton County
  • Harrison County
  • Hickman County

2) I am a county located in the northern part of Minnesota. As of 2000, my population is 39,650. My county seat is Bemidji. Portions of the Leech Lake and Red Lake Indian reservations are here. The northernmost portion of the Mississippi River flows through the southern part.
Where Am I?

• Kings Ranch County
  • Marshall County
  • Bridgeport County
  • Beltrami County

3) I am a county located in Minnesota. As of 2000, my population is 26,911. My county seat is New Ulm. I am located on Trunk Highways # 14 & 15 in South-Central Minnesota at a distance of 85 miles Southwest of the Twin City Metropolitan Area, and adjacent to the Minnesota River. I consists of 7 municipalities and 16 Townships. My motto is Commitment to Excellence through Leadership, Teamwork, and Training to deliver essential services to the citizens.
Where Am I?

• Brown County
  • Red County
  • Greene County
  • Black County

4) I am a Minnesota county. As of 2000, the population was 31,671. My county seat is named after me. A portion of the Fond du Lac Indian Reservation is here. I am included by the U.S. Census Bureau in the Duluth-Superior Metropolitan Statistical Area. I am named after an early settler and state senator (1857-1858).
Where Am I?

• Superior County
  • Duluth County
  • Carlton County
  • Hammond County

5) I am named for Civil War veteran from Faribault, who is also a territorial and state senator 1857-62. I am a Minnesota county. As of the 2000 census, my population is 5,168. My county seat is Grand Marais. The Grand Portage Indian Reservation is entirely within my boundary.
Where Am I?

• Cook County
  • Crook County
  • Custer County
  • Crumb County

6) is I am a county located in Minnesota. As of 2000, my population is 44,127. My county seat is Red Wing. Nearly all of Prairie Island Indian Community is within the county. I am named for the first newspaper editor in Minnesota.
Where Am I?

• Goodman County
  • Goodrich County
  • Good County
  • Goodhue County

7) I am a Minnesota county. As of 2000, my population is 18,376. My county seat is Park Rapids. A portion of the Leech Lake Indian Reservation is in my border. I am named after the ninth governor of Minnesota (1882-1887).
Where Am I?

• House County
  • Home County
  • Hubbard County
  • Ham County

8) A Minnesota county, as of 2000, my population is 41,203. My county seat is Willmar. I am is named after a Dakota word meaning "where the buffalo fish come." I am organized in 1858.
Where Am I?

• Kandiyohi County
  • Kandy County
  • Karmon County
  • Keeperman County

9) I am a county located in Minnesota. As of 2000, my population is 5,190. My county seat is Mahnomen. The entire county is part of the White Earth Indian Reservation. I am the only county in Minnesota entirely within an Indian reservation. The county, along with East Polk and Becker County, are one of the biggest cattle-raising areas in the northwestern part of Minnesota.
Where Am I?

• Mahnomen County
  • Morgan County
  • Martinway County
  • Matthew County

10) Yellow Medicine County is a county in Minnesota. As of 2000, my population is 11,080. My county seat is Granite Falls. The Upper Sioux Indian Reservation is entirely within the county.
Where Am I?

• Yellow Medicine County
  • Yanktown County
  • Yarmer County
  • Yellowman County

Check Your Answers

Where Am I? The Ultimate Minnesota Counties Place Names Trivia [Answers]

1. Otter Tail County
  2. Beltrami County
  3. Brown County
  4. Carlton County
  5. Cook County