Makes 16 servings
Prep Time: 25 min
Baking Time: 1 hr. 30 min.
Chilling Time: 4 hrs.
- 1/4 - cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 - pounds boneless skinless
chicken breast halves
- 2 - Tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1 - Tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
leaves or 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 - Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 - teaspoon salt
- 2 - egg whites
- 1 - small red bell pepper, chopped
Preheat oven to 350° F. and line loaf
pan, 8 1/2x4 1/2 inches, with aluminum foil. Sprinkle parsley in
bottom of pan.
- Remove fat from chicken and cut
chicken into 1-inch pieces.
- Place chicken in food processor.
- Cover and process until coarsely
- Add shallots, thyme, vegetable
oil, salt, and egg whites.
- Cover and process until smooth.
- Mix chicken mixture and bell
- Spread in pan and cover pan
tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake 1 hour and remove foil.
- Bake uncovered 20 to 30 minutes
longer or until meat thermometer inserted in center reads 180�
F. Cover and let stand 1 hour.
- Refrigerate at least 3 hours but
no longer than 48 hours.
- Invert onto serving platter.
- Remove pan and foil.