Makes 16 (1/2-cup) servings
Prep Time: 30 min.
Marinate: 2 hrs.
- 1 - pound shrimp*, cooked, peeled
- 8 - ounces provolone or mozzarella
cheese, cut in bite-sized pieces
- 8 - ounces (about 2 cups)
vegetables, such as small whole mushrooms or fresh
- 1 - large red bell pepper, cut in
- 1 - can (6 ounces) pitted large
ripe olives, drained
- 3/4 - cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 - cup white wine vinegar
- 1 - Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 2 - teaspoons Basil Leaves
- 2 - teaspoons Thyme Leaves
- 1 - teaspoon Oregano Leaves
- 1 - teaspoon Seasoned Salt
- 2 - teaspoons sugar
- Place shrimp, cheese, vegetables,
red bell pepper and olives in large resealable plastic bag or
- In a small bowl, mix oil, wine
vinegar, garlic powder, basil, thyme, oregano and seasoned
- Pour oil mixture over shrimp and
vegetables and toss to coat well.
- Refrigerate 2 hours or up to 12
hours, stirring vegetables or turning bag occasionally.
- Drain, if desired, to serve.
* Alan's Kitchen Tip:
To cook shrimp: Bring 4 cups
water and 1 tablespoon OLD BAY� Seasoning to boil in large
saucepan. Add shrimp and cook 3 to 5 minutes or until shrimp turn
pink. Drain; cool with ice cubes. Peel and devein, leaving tails on.
Refrigerate until ready to use.