Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 4 to 6 min.
Baking Time: 10 to 15 min.
- 4 cups bite-sized square oat, corn or rice
- 4 cups bite-sized square crispy wheat cereal
- 1 cup salted small pretzel twists
- 1 cup salted mixed nuts
- 3/4 cup firmly packed
- 6 Tablespoons
- 3 Tablespoons light
- 1 teaspoon
- 1/2 teaspoon
Preheat oven to 375-degrees F. and spray a 13x9-inch
baking pan with no-stick cooking spray.
1) In prepared pan, combine cereals,
pretzels and nuts . Set aside.
2) In a 2-quart heavy saucepan, combine
brown sugar, butter and corn syrup.
3) Cook over medium heat, stirring
occasionally, until mixture comes to a full boil for 4 to 6
4) Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla and
5) Pour over cereal mixture in prepared pan
and toss to coat.
6) Place pan in oven and bake for 10 to 15
minutes, stirring every 5 minutes, or until coating is set.
Remove from oven. Stir.
7) Spoon cereal mixture onto aluminum foil
or large ungreased baking sheet. Cool 10 minutes. Break into
pieces. Store in container with tight-fitting lid.
Alan's Kitchen Tip:
This mix can be
made ahead and stored in container with tight-fitting lid for up
to 1 week.