Spinach and Artichoke
Makes 24 (2-inch wedge) servings.
Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 - package (15 ounces) refrigerated pie
crusts (2 crusts)
- 1 - Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 - medium onion, diced
- 1 - package (10 ounces) frozen chopped
spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 - package (10 ounces) frozen artichoke
hearts, thawed and chopped
- 1 - package (8 ounces) shredded Italian
cheese blend (about 2 cups)
- 1 - cup sour cream
- 1 - teaspoon salt
- 3/4 - teaspoon Cardamom, Ground
Preheat oven to 450°F. Prepare crusts as
directed on package.
- Place in two 9-inch tart pans with
removable bottoms and mold crusts to fit sides of pans.
- Pierce crusts with fork.
- Bake 10 minutes or until lightly
- Reduce oven temperature to 400°F.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in small skillet on
- Add onion and cook and stir 5 minutes or
- In a large bowl, mix spinach, artichoke,
cheese, sour cream, salt, and ground cardamom until well blended.
- Stir in onion and divide mixture evenly
- Bake 10 minutes or until cheese is
- Cool at least 20 minutes.
- To serve, remove sides of pans and cut
tarts into thin wedges.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.