Grilled Picnic Taco Nachos
Makes 4 servings
Prep Time: 15 min
- 5 - cups tortilla chips
- 1 - can (15 oz) black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 - can (4.5 oz) chopped green chiles, drained
- 2 - teaspoons taco seasoning mix (from 1-oz
- 2 - plum (Roma) tomatoes, chopped
- 2 - medium green onions, sliced (2 tablespoons)
- 2 - cups finely shredded Colby-Monterey Jack
cheese blend (8 oz)
Preheat gas or charcoal grill. Spray 12x18-inch
foil pan with cooking spray. Spread tortilla chips in pan.
- In medium bowl, mix beans, chiles and taco
seasoning mix. Spoon evenly over tortilla chips.
- Top with tomatoes and onions. Sprinkle with
cheese. Cover pan with foil.
- Place foil pan on grill over medium heat.
- Cover grill and cook 8 to 10 minutes or until
cheese is melted. Carefully remove foil.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Cook covered over
Alan's Kitchen Tip: Foil pans can bend or buckle
when you lift them. Slide the pan onto a cutting board to give it more