Grilled Aegean Cornish Hens
Makes 8 servings.
- teaspoons Greek seasoning
2 - teaspoons lemon peel, grated
1-1/4 - teaspoons salt
1/2 - teaspoons pepper
4 - Cornish game hen without giblets, thawed
1/4 - cup fresh lemon juice
2 - Tablespoon olive oil
Preheat grill to medium-high,
according to manufacturer’s directions.
- In a small bowl, add Greek
seasoning, lemon peel, 1/2-teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Cut each hen down the backbone,
and spread flat on cutting board.
- Slip your hand between the meat
and skin on breast and thigh sections to loosen.
- Spread 1/4-seasoning mixture
evenly under the skin of each hen. Sprinkle hens with
- Place hens on grill, skin-side
- Cover and grill for 25 minutes.
Turn hens using tongs.
- Cover and grill for 25 minutes
longer or until done (internal temp 180°F).
- In a small bowl, mix together
lemon juice, olive oil and remaining 1/2-teaspoon salt.
Place in ice chest. When
the grill is ready, just take them out of the ice chest and grill.