- 1 cup butter
- Juice of 2 tangerines
- 4 coldwater lobster tails, about 6 ounces
Prepare grill to medium heat according to
- In a small saucepan over very low
heat, melt the butter.
- After the butter has melted, skim off
all the foam.
- Add the tangerine juice, whisk and set
- Using poultry shears, split the
lobster tails in half by cutting the shell down the middle on both
sides, and then, with a sharp knife slice the lobster meat in
- Place the lobster tails in a large,
resealable plastic bag and pour in 1/2 cup of the tangerine butter.
Reserve the remaining tangerine butter.
- Press the air out of the bag and seal
the bag tightly.
- Turn the bag several times to
distribute the tangerine butter, place the bag on a plate, and
refrigerate for 10 to 20 minutes (turning the bag once or twice).
- Remove the lobster tails from the bag
and discard the butter in the bag.
- Grill meat side down, for 8 to 10
minutes, turning and basting with some of the remaining tangerine
butter once halfway through grilling time.
- Remove from the grill and serve hot
with the remaining tangerine butter on the side.