- 3 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 Tablespoon shallots minced
- 2 teaspoon lemongrass minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 2 Tablespoon curry powder
- 1 can (14-ounces) coconut milk
- 1 Tablespoon ground coriander
- 1-1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tsp . fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon tamarind paste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 whole cloves
- 20 colossal shrimp (about 2 pounds)
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- Vegetable oil for brushing shrimp
- 2 Tablespoon coarsely chopped basil
- Cilantro sprigs
- In medium saucepan over high
temperature, heat oil.
- Add the shallots, lemongrass, and
garlicup Sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Next, add the curry powder and sauté
for 2 minutes longer.
- Finally, add the coconut milk,
coriander, sugar, fish sauce, lime juice, tamarind paste, salt, and
- Bring to a boil; and reduce heat and
simmer for 5 minutes or until thickened. Put to one side.
Prepare grill to medium heat according to
- Season shrimp with salt and
- Lightly brush shrimp with oil and
place in center of cooking grate.
- Grill 4 to 8 minutes until shrimp turn
pink and opaque in thickest part (turning once halfway through
- To serve, spoon some sauce on serving
- Arrange shrimp on sauce and sprinkle
with the basil and cilantro.
- Serve with remaining sauce.