Prep time: 15 min.
Marinate time: 15 min.
Grill time: 20 min.
- 1 - can (8 oz.) pineapple chunks
- 1 - Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 - teaspoon garlic, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 - pounds sea bass or halibut steaks (mainland
- 2/3 - cup guava or mango nectar
- 2 - teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 - teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 - teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Drain pineapple and reserve juice. Set aside.
- In a shallow, non-metallic dish, you want to add
reserved juice, soy sauce and garlic.
- Next, add the fish and turn to coat
- Cover; marinate 15 minutes in refrigerator.
- In small saucepan on medium high heat, add guava
nectar, cornstarch and curry.
- Next, cook and stir until sauce boils and
- Finally, stir in the pineapple and lemon peel. Remove from heat
Prepare grill to medium heat according to
- For the fish, grill or broil for 15 to 20 minutes
or until fish flakes easily with fork, brushing occasionally with marinade
and turning halfway through cooking.
- Discard any remaining marinade. Serve
fish with warm Pineapple-Guava Sauce.