and Vegetable Stir Fry
Makes 6 servings.
1 - jalapeno, seeds and most of the white
2 - Tablespoon fresh lime juice
1/4 - cup fresh orange juice
6 - Tablespoon vegetable or extra virgin olive
2 - green onions, minced
1/2 - cup finely chopped cilantro (about
1/4 - teaspoon salt
6 - wooden skewers (6-inch) soaked in water
for several hours
18 - pieces scallop (should be about 1
1 - mango, peeled and cut into a large dice
(about 3/4" x 3/4" x 3/4")
- In a food processor or blender, add
jalapeno, lime juice, orange juice, oil, green onion, cilantro, and salt.
Mix until well ground.
- On each skewer, thread three scallops
with a piece of mango in between each one. (You can do this several hours
ahead and kept covered in the refrigerator.)
- In a baking dish, place
scallop skewers and pour a small amount of salsa (about 1/3 of the salsa)
over the skewers.
- Roll the skewers in the salsa.
- Marinate in the
refrigerator, covered, for 1-1/2 hours.
Prepare grill to hot heat according to
- Remove scallops from marinade. Discard
- Grill about 5 minutes and the scallops should be cooked
through. (Scallops are cooked through when they firm up and the inside
changes from translucent to an opaque, bright white color.)
- Remove from grill and coat with some of
the reserved salsa.
- Additional salsa can be served on the side.
Barbecue Facts & Tips