Makes 12 servings
Prep Time: 5 min.
Cooking Time: 1 hr. 20 min.
- 1/2 - fresh pork leg roast, about 4 pounds
- 1 - teaspoon salt
- 1/2 - teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 - cup smoky barbecue sauce
- 1/2 - cup grape jelly
- 2 - teaspoons chili powder
Preheat grill to medium-hot.
Alanís Kitchen Tip:
- Sprinkle pork roast with salt and pepper.
- Place roast on grill over indirect heat, not
directly over fire.
- Cover and cook about 1 hour and 20 minutes (18
to 20 minutes per pound).
- Meanwhile, stir together barbecue sauce, jelly
and chili powder.
- The last 30 minutes of cook time, baste roast
with sauce mixture every 5 to 10 minutes or until done (internal temp 155įF).
- Remove roast from grill and let rest 5 to 10
- Slice roast.
Serve with grilled corn on the cob, marinated
vegetable salad and bakery rolls. Refrigerate leftovers.