Grilled 5 Spice Pork Spareribs
Makes 4 servings
- 4 - pounds Pork Spareribs
- 32 - ounces Chicken Broth canned or fresh
- 1 - Carrot cut in half
- 1 - stalk Celery cut in half
- 1/2 - Yellow Onion
- 1-1/2 - Tablespoons fresh Garlic finely chopped
- 1 - Tablespoon fresh Ginger grated
- 1/4 - cup Yellow Onion finely chopped
- 1/4 - cup Green Onion finely chopped
- 3/4 - cup Ketchup
- 3/4 - cup Honey
- 1/2 - cup Soy Sauce
- 1-1/2 - Tablespoons Orange Juice Concentrate
- 1 - Tablespoon Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1-1/2 - Tablespoons Toasted Sesame Seeds
- 3/4 - teaspoon Chinese 5 Spice Powder
- 3/4 - teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 - teaspoon White Pepper
- Place ribs, chicken broth, carrot, celery,
onion in stock pot.
- Cover ingredients with water and bring to a
- Then reduce to a simmer and cook for 40
- Remove ribs from pot and allow to cool.
- In a bowl, mix the remaining sauce ingredients
Preheat the grill.
- Coat ribs with sauce.
- Place ribs on grill.
- Cook on both sides, basting often.
- Grill ribs until char marks appear.