Green Chile Steak -
Santa Fe Style
Makes 4 servings.
- Heat sauté pan with a medium heat. Add oil and sauté onion in until clear. It should only take about 5 minutes.
- Now add in the green chiles, oregano, cilantro, pepper, and
- You want to
reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
You will want the sauce kept warm.
For a picnic, place in a thermal container.
- For the home, keep warm under a 200-degree oven.
- In a sauté pan with a medium heat, add
butter and melt. Now add the
mushrooms and sauté until soft. This
again should take you 5 minutes.
Prepare grill to a medium heat.
- Place steaks on oil grill grid and cook for
15-20 minutes. This is about
- Turn steaks
only once or about 8 to 10 minutes on each side.
- When you finish cooking the steaks, place
them on a platter. Sprinkle
with salt. Now add your chile
sauce and top with the sautéed mushrooms.
Make the sauce before and heat (on stove or in
microwave) before leaving. Sauté the mushrooms before hand and also
heat before leaving. Store both in thermal container to keep hot.