I admit, I love
hamburgers. Even growing up, hot dogs were the kids favorites, but not me.
had to have a burger.
Prepare a medium fire in your grill.
- While the grill is heating, mix the ground chuck, egg yolk, onion,
garlic, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper in a medium mixing
- Mix lightly, using your hands. (Remember wash your hands before and after handling
the ground beef.)
- Place the hamburger patties on an oiled grill grid.
- Grill directly over the heat for 5
to 7 minutes per side for medium.
- Adjust your times for rare to well done. (A reminder
from the US Dept of Agriculture - when cooking meat, cook it to 160 degrees inside
temperature or the center is no longer pink.)
- Toast buns split side down on the edges of the grill grid until lightly brown.
- Place provolone on top of each burger 2 minutes before burger is
- Grill with cover down until the cheese melts.
- Grill over medium-hot coals for a total of 12-15 minutes, turning to brown evenly.
Serve burgers immediately.
Prepare ground beef before leaving and place in
plastic storage bag. Keep the ground beef in the ice chest until ready
to cook. Fix like you would at home.