Chocolate Cookies ’N Cream Scones
Chunks of crème-filled chocolate cookies add flavor and crunch to
these mini scones.
Prep Time: 25 min.
Baking Time: 15 to 18 min.
Bread Recipe Directions:
Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly grease baking sheet.
1) In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking
powder and salt. Mix well.
2) Cut in 1/2 cup butter with pastry blender or
fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
3) Stir in half of chopped cookies.
4) In a small bowl, combine half & half, eggs and
vanilla. Beat with wire whisk until well mixed.
5) Stir half & half mixture into flour mixture
just until moistened.
6) Turn dough onto lightly floured surface and
knead 8 or 10 times until smooth.
7) Pat into 8-inch square on prepared baking
8) Press remaining chopped cookies onto top of
dough. Score into 9 equal squares. Score squares diagonally to form 18
9) Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until scones are
lightly browned. Cool 10 minutes.
10) Cut along score lines to separate.
11) Meanwhile to prepare glaze, in small bowl,
combine 1/2 cup powered sugar, 2-Tablespoons butter, and 2-teaspoons
Half and Half. Mix until smooth.
12) Drizzle glaze over warm scones. Serve
Alan's Kitchen Tip
- Scones can be frozen. Wrap
in plastic food wrap; place into freezer bag. Freeze up to 2
months. To thaw, let stand at room temperature for 1 hour.
Heat oven to 350°F. Wrap scones in aluminum foil. Bake for 7 to
8 minutes or until warm.