Irish Soda Bread
1 (14 slices) loaf
Prep Time: 10 min.
Baking Time: 35 to 45 min.
Preheat oven to 375ºF. Grease cookie sheet.
1) Cut butter into flour, sugar, baking soda,
baking powder and salt in large bowl, using pastry blender or
crisscrossing 2 knives, until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Stir in
raisins and just enough buttermilk so dough leaves side of bowl.
2) Turn dough onto lightly floured surface. Knead
1 to 2 minutes or until smooth.
3) Shape into round loaf, about 6 1/2 inches in
4) Place on cookie sheet. Cut an X shape about 1/2
inch deep through loaf with floured knife.
5) Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until golden
6) Brush with butter or margarine, softened, if