Cranberry Walnut Bran Muffins
1 doz. or 12 (1 muffin each) servings
Prep Time: 15 min.
Baking Time: 20 min.
- 1-1/4 - cups flour, divided
- 2 - teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2-1/4 - cups Bran Cereal, divided
- 1 - cup milk
- 3/4 - cup firmly packed brown sugar,
- 2 - eggs
- 1/4 - cup (1/2 stick) margarine, melted
- 1/2 - cup chopped cranberries
- 1/2 - cup chopped PLANTERS Walnuts
- 2 - Tablespoons margarine, melted
Preheat oven to 400�F. and grease or
paper line medium muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, you want to mix 1 cup
of the flour and the baking powder. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, you will combine 2
cups of the cereal and the milk. You want to let stand 5 min.
- Add 1/2 cup of the brown sugar, the
eggs and 1/4 cup margarine. Mix well.
- Add to flour mixture and stir just
until moistened. (Batter will be lumpy.)
- Stir in cranberries and walnuts. You
want to spoon batter evenly into muffin cups, filling each
cup 2/3 full.
- In a small bowl, you want to mix
remaining 1/4 cup each flour, cereal and brown sugar.
- Add 2 Tablespoons. Margarine and mix
- Sprinkle evenly over batter in muffin
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until
golden brown. Serve warm.