Star Spangled Muffins
Prep time: 10 min.
Baking time: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour 1 cup Oats (quick or old
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup low-fat (1%) milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 12 teaspoons cinnamon-sugar, divided
Preheat oven to 400-degree F. Line 12 medium muffin cups with paper
- In large bowl, combine flour, oats, sugar and baking powder. Mix
- In small bowl, combine milk, oil, egg and vanilla; blend well.
- Add to dry ingredients all at once; stir just until dry
ingredients are moistened. (Do not overmix.)
- Gently stir in blueberries and strawberries.
- Fill muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Sprinkle batter in each muffin cup with 1 teaspoon
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool muffins in pan on wire rack 5 minutes; remove from pan.
Page 1 of 1