Tomato and Mozzarella Pizza Bread
12 servings (1 slice each)
Prep Time: 25 min
Baking Time: 17 min
- 3 - cups All-Purpose Unbleached Flour or
White Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 - package (1/4 oz each) active dry
- 1/2 - teaspoon salt
- 1 - cup warm water (120 to 130?F)
- 2 - Tablespoons Canola Oil
- Olive Oil No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 3 - cups shredded part-skim mozzarella
cheese (3 cups = 12 oz)
- 1 - can (14.5 oz each) Whole Peeled
Tomatoes, drained, sliced
- 1/2 - cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- Combine 2 cups of the flour, yeast and
salt in large bowl. Add water and oil.
- Mix with electric mixer on low speed
- Then mix 3 minutes on medium speed.
- Stir in 3/4 cup additional flour with
spoon until dough pulls cleanly away from side of bowl.
- Place dough on lightly floured surface.
Knead dough by pushing down and away with the heels of hands
while working in an additional 1/4 to 1/2 cup flour, turning
dough a quarter turn between pushes.
- Repeat pushing and turning until dough is
smooth and elastic, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Divide dough in half. Cover loosely with
- Let stand on floured surface 10 minutes.
Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray two 11 or
12-inch pizza pans or baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Roll one piece of dough into 12-inch
circle on lightly floured surface.
- Transfer dough to prepared pan. Fold
about 1/4 inch of outer edge underneath circle and pinch
together to form a rim or rolled edge.
- Prick dough generously with fork; do not
- Repeat with remaining piece of dough.
- Spray crusts evenly with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle each crust with 1-1/2 cups
- Top each with half of the tomatoes and
- Bake 15 to 17 minutes or until cheese
melts and is bubbly.
- Cut each pizza into 6 slices to serve.
Page 1 of 1