Three-Cheese and Spinach Pizza
4 servings (2 slices each)
Prep Time: 10 min
Baking Time: 20 min
- Olive Oil No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 - small onion, chopped (1 small = about
- 4 - cloves garlic, minced (4 cloves =
about 2 tsp)
- 1 - package (10 oz each) fresh spinach,
stems removed, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 - teaspoon salt
- 1/8 - teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 - prepared pizza crust (12 inch)
- 1 - cup shredded part-skim mozzarella
cheese, divided (1 cup = 4 oz)
- 3/4 - cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 - cup grated Parmesan cheese (1/4 cup
= 1 oz)
Preheat oven to 450°F. Spray large saucepan
evenly with cooking spray.
- To saucepan, add onions and garlic.
- Cook over medium-high heat for 3 minutes,
or until onions are crisp-tender, stirring frequently.
- Add spinach, salt and crushed red pepper.
- Cook 2 minutes, or until spinach is
wilted and mixture is fairly dry, stirring occasionally.
- Place crust on baking sheet and spray
with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese
over crust. Top with spinach mixture.
- In a small bowl, mix the remaining 1/2
cup mozzarella cheese, the ricotta cheese and Parmesan cheese
until well blended.
- Spoon evenly over pizza. (Spinach will
not be completely covered.)
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until cheese is
golden brown. Cut into 8 slices to serve.
Alan's Kitchen Tip: Great
- Substitute: 1 can (10 ounces)
refrigerated pizza crust for the prepared pizza crust. Unroll
dough on baking sheet; press into 12-inch circle. Top with
ingredients as directed, then bake at 425°F for 15 minutes,
or until crust is golden brown.
- Make it Easy: Substitute 1 package
(10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained,
for the cut-up fresh spinach. Cook with the onion until liquid
Page 1 of 1