Cinnamon Coffee Scones
time: 10 min.
Baking time: 15 min.
- 2 - cups self-rising flour
- 2 - teaspoons cinnamon
- 6 - Tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 - sticks (3/4 cup) unsalted butter
- 2 - eggs
- 1/4 - cup brewed coffee, strong
- 1/4 - cup milk
- 1/2 - cup golden raisins (or chopped dried
- 1/2 - cup chopped pecans (or walnuts)
- Extra milk and sugar for toppings
Preheated oven to 400° F.
- Stir together the flour, cinnamon, and sugar.
- Cut the butter into tablespoon pieces and
blend with the pastry blender or two knives into the dry mixture.
(Butter pieces should be the size of small peas.)
- Mix together the eggs, coffee, and milk.
- Stir into the dry mixture to form a soft
dough. Stir in the raisins and pecans.
- Turn dough out onto a floured board and
gently pat into a circle of dough about 1/2" thick.
- Cut out rounds with floured biscuit cutter
and place them on a greased baking sheet.
- Gently brush tops with milk and sprinkle with
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden
Page 1 of 1