Spicy Sausage Breakfast Squares
Makes 12 servings
Prep Time: 10 min.
Baking Time: 27 min.
- 12 - ounces frozen (thawed) bulk hot
- 1/3 - cup chopped onion
- 2 - cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 - medium red bell pepper, chopped (1
- 1-1/2 - cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 - teaspoon salt
- 1/4 - teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 - cup milk
- 3 - eggs
- 1-1/2 - cups shredded Mexican cheese
blend (6 ounces)
Heat oven to 425°F. Grease bottom and
sides of 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with shortening or
- In 12-inch skillet, cook sausage,
onion and garlic over medium heat, stirring frequently, until
sausage is no longer pink; drain. Stir in bell pepper; remove from
- In large bowl, beat flour, salt,
crushed red pepper, milk and eggs with wire whisk until smooth.
- Pour into baking dish.
- Spoon pork mixture over batter.
Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 22 to 27 minutes or until top is