Creamy Baked Oatmeal
Makes 4 (1-cup) servings
Prep Time: 10 min.
Baking Time: 50 min.
- Oatmeal Ingredients:
- 3 cups Fat Free Half &
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 Tablespoons Butter, melted
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups uncooked old-fashioned
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sweetened dried
cranberries or cherries
- Toppings Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds,
toasted (if desired)
- Fat Free Half & Half (if
- butter (if desired)
- brown sugar (if desired)
- maple syrup (if desired)
- In a large bowl, you want to combine
half & half, eggs, butter, brown sugar, vanilla and salt.
- Add oats and cinnamon and stir until
- Pour into greased 2-quart casserole
- Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
- Add cranberries and stir.
- Bake, uncovered, for 40 to 50
minutes, stirring twice, until thick and creamy.
- Remove from oven; stir before
- Sprinkle with almonds, if desired.
- Serve immediately with additional
fat free half & half, butter, brown sugar or maple syrup, if
*You may substitute quick-cooking oats.
Do not refrigerate. Bake immediately after combining all oatmeal
Alan's Kitchen Tip: To toast
almonds, place onto baking sheet. Bake at 350-degrees
F for 8 to 10 minutes,
stirring occasionally, until golden brown.