Apricot Honey Oatmeal
- 3-1/2 - cups water
- 1/2 - cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/3 - cup honey
- 1/2 - teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 - cups oats (quick or old
- In 3-quart saucepan, bring water,
apricots, honey, and cinnamon to a boil.
- Stir in oats and return to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook about
1 minute for quick oats (or 5 minutes for old fashioned oats) or
until most of liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally.
- Let stand until of desired
Alanís Kitchen Tip: If
desired substitute raisins, dried peaches or pears, dried cranberries
or blueberries, dried apples, dates or diced mixed dried fruit for