Banana-Raisin-Bran Coffee Cake
Makes 8 servings
Prep Time: 20 min.
Total Time: 1 Hr 5 min.
- Coffee Cake
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 3 Tablespoons oil
- 1 1/2 cups bran flakes cereal
- 1/2 cup (1 medium) mashed ripe
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2/3 cup bran flakes cereal, finely
- 2 Tablespoons
- 1 Tablespoon
margarine or butter, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350-degrees F. and spray 9-inch round cake
pan with nonstick cooking spray.
1) In medium bowl, combine milk, egg product and oil; beat
until well blended.
2) Stir in 1 1/2 cups cereal and banana until well mixed.
3) In large bowl, combine flour, 1/4 cup brown sugar, baking
powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; mix well. Stir in raisins.
4) Add banana mixture and stir just until dry ingredients are
5) Spoon and spread batter evenly in sprayed pan.
6) To make the topping: in small bowl, combine 2/3 cup bran
flakes cereal, 2 Tablespoons brown sugar, 1 Tablespoon margarine
or butter, and 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon. Mix well.
Sprinkle over batter.
7) Bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until cake springs back when
touched lightly in center.
8) Cool 10 minutes. Serve warm.
Page 1 of 1