Perfect Freshly Brewed
8 (3/4 cup each) servings
Prep Time: 15 min.
- Boiling water
- Loose tea or tea bag
- Sugar (if desired)
- Milk (if desired)
- Whether you use loose tea or tea
bags, the preparation method is the same. You want to start with a
spotlessly clean teapot made of glass, china or earthenware.
- Add rapidly boiling water, and allow
to stand a few minutes to "heat the pot".
- Pour out just before brewing the
- Heat cold water to a full rolling
boil. (You want to use water from the cold-water tap because water
from the hot-water tap may contain mineral deposits from water
pipes that can affect the flavor of the tea.)
- Add tea to the warm pot, allowing 1
teaspoon of loose tea or 1 tea bag for each cup tea.
- Pour boiling water over tea (3/4 cup
for each cup of tea) and let stand 3 to 5 minutes to bring out the
- Stir tea once to ensure uniform
- Do not judge the strength of tea by
its color. (You must taste it.)
- Strain the tea, or remove tea bags.
- Serve with sugar and milk or lemon
Page 1 of 1