Maple Sausage Apple Pancake
Makes 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 15 min.
- 8 - ounces Old-Fashioned Maple
- 2 - small Granny Smith Apples
seeded, peeled and cut into 1/4" slices
- 1 - Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 8 - large Eggs
- 1-1/2 - Whole Milk
- 1-1/2 - cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 - cup + 2 Tbs. Sugar
- 1/2 - teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 - cup Dark Brown Sugar packed
- 2 1/2 - teaspoons Cinnamon
- 8 - Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- Powdered Sugar
- Maple Syrup
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Cook the sausage in a skillet over
medium heat until just firm. Do not overcook.
- Remove from heat and cut
diagonally into 1" pieces.
- Toss apple slices with lemon juice
in mixing bowl.
- Whisk eggs and milk in large bowl
- Add flour, 2 Tablespoons sugar and
salt. Whisk until batter is almost smooth.
- Mix brown sugar, cinnamon, and
remaining 1/2 cup sugar in small bowl.
- Melt 2 Tablespoons butter in each
of two 8" oven-proof nonstick skillets over medium heat.
- Pour half of the batter into each
- Arrange sausage and half of the
apple slices evenly over batter in each skillet
- Transfer skillets to oven and bake
until pancakes are set around edges but still wet in center, about
8 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle with half of the brown
sugar mixture over each pancake. Dot each with 2 Tablespoons
- Using spatula, carefully turn
- Place remaining apple slices on
- Return to oven.
- Bake until pancakes rise and sugar
mixture melts to a sauce consistency and the top of the pancakes
are golden, about 6 minutes.
- Invert onto plates.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar over
pancakes and serve with maple syrup.