Egg and Sausage Breakfast Ring
Prep time: 20 Min
Baking time: 30 min
- 1/2 - pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/3 - cup sliced green onions
- 1/3 - cup chopped red bell pepper
- 5 - eggs
- 1/4 - teaspoon salt
- 1/8 - teaspoon pepper
- 1 - package (3-ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 - cans (8-ounces each) refrigerated Crescent flaky dough sheet
- 1/2 - cup shredded Cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese blend (2-ounces)
- 1 - egg, beaten
- 1 - teaspoon sesame seed
Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray large cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook sausage and onions over
medium-high heat 5 to 8 minutes or until thoroughly cooked; drain.
- Stir in bell pepper; cook until tender. Remove from pan.
- In small bowl, beat 5 eggs, salt and pepper.
- Add egg mixture to skillet; cook over medium heat, stirring
occasionally from outside edge to center.
- Cook until eggs are set but still moist. Stir in sausage mixture and
- Unroll both cans of dough. Place dough on cookie sheet, long sides
overlapping, to form 14x13-inch rectangle; firmly press edges to seal.
- Spoon egg mixture down center to within 1/2 inch of edges. Sprinkle
- Starting at longest side, roll up; press edges to seal. Shape into a
circle; pinch ends to seal.
- Cut six 2-inch slits around top of dough. Brush dough with egg;
sprinkle with sesame seed.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until deep golden brown.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Bake 20 to 25 minutes.
Page 1 of 1