White Bean Chili
Makes 8 (1-cup) servings
Prep Time: 30 min
Cooking Time: 1 hr.
- Chili Ingredients:
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 cups chopped green, yellow, orange and/or red bell
- 1 large (1 cup) onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh garlic
- 2 cans (14-ounce) vegetable broth
- 1 can (15 1/2-ounce) butter beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 can (15 1/2-ounce) black-eyed peas, rinsed, drained
- 1 can (15-ounce) garbanzo beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 can (15 1/2-ounce) navy beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 can (4-ounce) chopped green chiles
- 1 small (1 tablespoon) chopped
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground red
- 1 cup sour cream
- Topping Ingredients:
- Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded, if desired
- Chopped fresh cilantro, if desired
Melt butter in 5-quart saucepan; add peppers,
onions and garlic.
Cook over medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes,
stirring occasionally, until softened.
Add vegetable broth, butter beans, black-eyed
peas, garbanzo beans, navy beans, green chiles, jalapeno pepper,
chili powder, ground cumin, dried oregano leaves, paprika, and
ground red pepper.
Continue cooking for 10 to 12 minutes until
mixture comes to a full boil.
Cover and reduce heat to low.
Cook for 45 to 50 minutes, stirring
occasionally, until mixture is slightly thickened.
Remove from heat. Stir in sour cream.
Sprinkle with cheese and cilantro, if desired.
Recipe 1 of 1