Arizona Rangerís Chili
Makes 6 servings
- 1 - pound bacon, diced
1 - large onion, chopped
4 - cloves garlic, minced
2 - pounds pinto beans
12 - cups water
1 - can (16 oz.) tomato stew
2 - Ancho chile peppers, roasted, peeled, seeded, and de-veined
1/2 - Tablespoon New Mexico chili powder
1 - teaspoon salt
1/2 - teaspoon black pepper
1 - teaspoon coriander seeds, crushed
12 canned jalapenos
- Into a large pot at medium to high heat, add the
bacon and brown.
- Next, add onions, garlic and sautť with the
- When onions are translucent, add the beans and
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low.
- Cover and simmer for 1-1/2 hours.
- Uncover and cook for an additional 15
- Next, add the tomatoes, peppers, chili powder,
salt, black pepper, coriander and jalapenos.
- Continue to cook over low heat for 1-hour or
until beans are tender.
You can make the chili a day or two ahead of time.
Heat (on stove or in microwave) and pour into a thermos.
When you get to your picnic and tailgate party, it is nice and hot.