Hickory Beef Brisket
6 to 8 servings
- 1 - cup vegetable oil
- 1 - cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 - cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 - bay leaf, crushed
- 1-1/4 - teaspoons seasoned salt
- 2-1/4 - teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 - teaspoon paprika
- 1 - (3-pounds) beef brisket, trimmed
- Your favorite barbecue sauce.
- To make the marinade, in a zip-top plastic bag,
mix the oil, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, and bay leaf.
- In a small bowl, combine the salt, pepper, and
paprika and rub into the meat.
- Place the brisket into the plastic bag and seal.
Place in refrigerator and chill for 8 hours.
- Occasionally turn the brisket to get an even
Prepare the grill by place 10 hickory chunks at the
front and back of the grill, with the hot coals in the center.
- Remove the brisket from marinade. Throw the
- Rake coals to one side of grill and place brisket
on the other side.
- Cover and grill, over indirect heat, for 3 to 4
- Next, brush 1-cup of barbecue sauce on both
- Cook an additional 1-hour and baste with barbecue
- Serve with barbecue sauce.
Page 1 of 1