Grilled Beef Cobb Salad with Prosciutto and Grilled Garlic Bread
- 8 - ounces beef tenderloin
- 1 - bottle pepper and garlic sauce
- Salt (to taste)
- Fresh cracked black pepper (to taste)
- 1/4 - cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 - Tablespoons fresh shallots, minced
- 1 - Tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 2 - Tablespoons fresh oregano, minced
- 2 - Tablespoons fresh basil, minced
- 3/4 - cup extra virgin olive oil
- 8 - cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 8 - slices prosciutto – julienne
- 12 - scallions, grilled and chopped
- 2 - red tomatoes, diced
- 2 - yellow tomatoes, diced
- 1-1/2 - cups crumbled gorgonzola
- 4 - hard cooked eggs, peeled and diced
- 2 - avocados - peeled, pitted and diced
- Chives (as garnish)
- In a shallow baking dish, lay the beef and
cover with the pepper and garlic sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss to coat and cover. Place in refrigerator
for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Let sit out at room temperature for 30 minutes
Preheat your grill to a medium high heat.
- Remove beef from marinade (discard marinade).
Season with salt and pepper to taste and grill for 4 - 5 minutes on
each side for medium rare doneness.
- Let rest 10 minutes and then dice.
- To make the Lemon Herb Vinaigrette: in a bowl,
add the lemon juice, shallots, garlic, oregano, basil, salt and
- Whisk together. Then slowly pour in the olive
oil and whisk until well emulsified.
- In a large bowl, add the romaine and toss with
1/4-cup of the Lemon Herb Vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper
- In the center of a large platter, place the
lettuce. Put the prosciutto in a vertical line along the far left
side of the greens.
- Next, place the scallions, then the red
tomatoes, the diced beef tenderloin, then the yellow tomatoes, then
the gorgonzola, then the hard cooked eggs, then the avocado.
- Drizzle with a little more of the lemon herb
vinaigrette and garnish the entire platter with the chopped chives.
- Cover the salad and keep chilled until you are
ready to picnic or tailgate.
- Store additional dressing in a jar with a tight
fitting lid to pass separately.
Page 1 of 1