Baked French Toast Casserole
Makes 10 servings
Time: 20 min.
Baking Time: 40 min.
1) Slice French bread into 20 - 1-inch slices. Arrange slices in a buttered 9x13-inch baking
dish in two rows, overlapping he slices.
2) In a large bowl, combine the eggs, half and
half, milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Beat with a rotary beater or a whisk until
blended but not to bubbly
3) Pour mixture over the bread slices making
sure al are covered evenly with the ril,-egg mixture. Spoon some of the mixture in between the
4) Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
Preheat oven to 350 F.
5) To make the Praline topping, in a medium
bowl, combine butter, brown sugar, pecans, corn syrup, cinnamon, and
nutmet. Blend well.
6) Spread topping evenly over the bread and bake
for 40 minutes until puffed and lightly golden. Serve with maple syrup.