Real Country Pound Cake
Prep Time: 15 min.
Baking Time: 1 hr. and 15 min.
- 1 - teaspoon baking soda
- 2 - teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 - pound (4-cups) all-purpose
- 1 - pound (2-cups) sugar
- 1/2 - pound (1-cup) butter
- 1 - pound (6) eggs (separated
- 3/4 - cup milk
Preheat oven to 325° F.
Grease and flour tube or Bundt pan.
- In a medium mixing bowl, sift
the baking soda and cream of tartar into flour.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream
butter and sugar.
- Beat eggs whites until soft
peaks for, then add 1/4 to creamed butter mixture.
- Add 1/4 beaten yolks.
Add flour mixture, milk, and remaining yolks, and the
- Fold into pan and bake for
Kitchen Tip: you can test
for doneness by inserting toothpick in thickest part of he cakes
and you want it to come out clean.
Page 1 of 1