Buckhannon Strawberry Shortcake
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Baking Time: 25 - 30 minutes
- In a
mixing bowl, you want to whip the egg yolks.
The add half cup sugar gradually (one tablespoon at a
Next, add the lemon juice and rind.
- You want to beat until the
mixture is thick and has lemon yellow color.
The next step is to fold the cake flour into mixture.
- In a separate small mixing bowl,
you will whip the egg whites and add salt until stiff.
- Again, you want to add the
remaining half-cup sugar (again one tablespoon at a
time). Now, you
will fold the egg whites into the flour mixture.
- In two un-greased round layer
cake pans, pour the ingredients.
cakes for 25 to 30 minutes.
You want the cake to spring back when you touch the
Remove from pan and invert cake on bottom of pan to allow cooling.
- You want to keep eight good
strawberries for garnish.
- In a mixing bowl, you want to put
the strawberries and add the sugar.
- You want to take a glass and mash
the strawberries fine.
- Take your serving plate and place
one layer of the cake.
- Next, spread half the
strawberries on the top.
- Then add next layer and again
spread the remaining strawberries over the top.
- The final step is to spread the
whip cream over top strawberry layer.
Cut into six or eight servings.
- Use saved whole strawberries and
any extra whip cream to garnish each individual serving.
Page 1 of 1