Mary Louís Pound Cake
- 1 - cup shortening
- 1-1/2 - teaspoons vanilla
- 3 - cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 - teaspoon salt
- 1/4 - teaspoon baking soda
- 3 - cups sugar
- 6 - eggs
- 1 - cup buttermilk
Preheat oven to 325į F and grease 10-inch tube or
- With an electric mixer, cream shortening and
sugar; add vanilla.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each
- Next, in another bowl, sift together in the
flour, salt, baking soda, and sugar.
- Add sifted flour mixture into cream sugar and
alternate adding the buttermilk.
- Pour batter in pan and bake for 1 hour and 15
minutes or until done.
Page 1 of 1