Webster Springs Chocolate Fudge Cake
- 3 squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup water, boiling
- 2-1/4 cups cake flour, sifted
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick butter or margarine, softened
- 2-1/4 cups light brown sugar, firmly
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup sour cream
Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease and flour
2 (9-inch) layer cake pans.
- In a double boiler, add chocolate and
- In a mixing bowl, sift together flour,
baking soda and salt.
- In a large mixer bowl at high speed,
beat butter. Add brown sugar and eggs.
- Beat 5 minutes or until light and
fluffy. Beat in vanilla and cooled melted chocolate.
- Stir in dry ingredients alternating
with sour cream, beating well with a wooden spoon after each
addition until batter is smooth.
- Stir in boiling water (batter will be
thin). Pour into pans.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Remove from pans
and cool on rack.
Webster Springs Chocolate
- 3 - squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 - cup milk
- 1 - stick butter or margarine
- 2 - teaspoon vanilla
- In a medium saucepan, add chocolate and
- Place over low heat until melted. Take
- In a mixing bowl, add powdered sugar,
milk and vanilla. Stir until smooth.
- Add chocolate mixture. Set bowl in an
- Beat with wooden spoon until frosting
is thick enough to spread.
Page 1 of 1