Cimarron (1931 film)
Choose an answer from the
three choices and true or false offered after each question and then click "Check Your
Answers" at the end of the quiz to see the answers.
The film is based on the novel Cimarron. Who wrote the novel?
- John Steinbeck
- Ernest Hemingway
- Edna Ferber
2. Wesley Ruggles directed this 1931 film.
Who was Wesley's older brother?
- Charles Nelson Riley
- Charles Ruggles
- Ben E. King
3. The film is about the Oklahoma land
rush. Where was the movie filmed?
4. By most movie critics, by today's
standards, the film is considered racially insensitive, though these views
were typical for the time the film was produced. This is even true of the
5. What award did the movie win?
- Best Picture - Oscar
- Best Picture - Emmy
- Best Picture - Golden Globe
5. Wesley Ruggles won an Oscar for Best
Director in Cimarron.
6. Cimarron would be the first Western to
win an Oscar for Best Picture.
7. Who played Yancey Cravat in this film?
- Glenn Ford
- Richard Dix
- William Collier Jr.
8. Who played Sabra Cravat in this film?
- Maria Schell
- Irene Dunne
- Estelle Taylor
9. The land rush scene took a week to film,
using 5,000 extras, 28 cameramen, 6 still photographers and 27 camera
10. Arguably the only winner of the Best
Picture Oscar to lose money during its initial release. The film received
excellent critical reviews, but its initial financial failure was blamed
on its being released during one of the darkest periods of the Great