The Big Trail (1930)
Choose an answer from the
three choices and True/False offered after each question and then "Check Your
Answers" at the end of the quiz.
The Big Trail (1930) is a lavish early widescreen movie shot
on location across the American West starring John Wayne in his first
leading role. Who directed the film?
- Raoul Walsh
- Henry Ford
- Wallace Halloway
2. What is John Wayne's character named?
- Sid Bascom
- Breck Coleman
- Ira Hayes
3. The Big Trail was shot in an early widescreen
process using 70mm film called Fox Grandeur which was first
used in The William Fox Movietone Follies of 1929.
4. Marguerite Churchill was the leading lady. What was the
name of her character?
- Louise Carver
- Joan Sloan
- Ruth Cameron
5. Incredibly, five different versions of this film were
6. Who palyed Red Flack, wagon boss?
- Tyrone Power, Sr.
- Gabe Kaplan
- Manfred Moore
7. What is not a film location?
- Buttercup Dunes, Imperial County, California
- Grand Canyon National Park, Arizona
- Alamo, San Antonio, Texas
8. What was the company that distributed the film?
- Fox Film Corporation
- Universal Film Company
- Standard and Poor Film Corporation
9. Marguerite Churchill She also appeared opposite John
Wayne again the following year. What was the film?
- Girls Demand Excitement
- Riders of the Purple Sage
- Quick Millions
10. What former University of Southern California football
player played in the film with John Wayne?
- Sid Blackman
- Ward Bond
- Myron Cope