Ranger Rider's Eight-Layer Dip
Makes 15 to 20 servings
Prep Time: 20 min.
- 1 can (16-ounces) jalapeno
- 1 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon
garlic powder, divided
- Juice of half
- 1/2 cup picante sauce
Salt (to taste)
- 1 cup
- 1 cup real
- 1 page (1-1/4 ounce) taco seasoning
- 1 bunch
green onions, chopped
- 1 can (4-1/ ounces) chopped green
- 2 cups shredded
- 1 can (2.25 ounces) chopped black
You want to use a 9-inch glass pie dish or a large plate,
spread the First Layer evenly to form the base.
1) First Layer: In a small mixing bowl,
blend beans with 1/2 teaspoon cumin, and 1/2 teaspoon garlic
powder (you may add a little picante sauce if needed to make it
2) Second Layer: Peel and seed avocados into
a small bowl, Mash well. Add lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon cumin,
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, picante sauce, and salt. Blend
thoroughly. To spread Second Layer, spread avocado mixture over
entire surface of beans.
3) Third Layer: In a small bowl, mix sour
cream, mayonnaise, and taco seasoning. Spread over Second Layer.
4) Fourth Layer: Chopped onions. Sprinkle
over Third Layer.
5) Fifth Layer: chopped tomato. Sprinkle
over Fourth Layer.
6) Sixth Layer: chilies. Sprinkle over Fifth
7) Seventh Layer: shredded Colby cheese.
Over the Sixth Layer, generously cover it with the cheese.
8) Eighth Layer: black olives. For garnish,
add black olives over the Seventh Layer of cheese.
Old West Timeline:
August 31, 1804 - Start of Lewis and Clark
expedition to explore and chart the regions west of the