Take a Chance Beef Stew
Prep Time: 30 min
Cooking Time: 45 min
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 3 large onions, peeled and quartered
- 8 carrots, peeled and cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 3 Tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 can (10-ounces) beef consommé or beef stock
- 1 can (12-ounces) beer
- 3 cups cooked beef, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Egg noodles R rice
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, melt butter.
- Add onions and cook 5 minutes to brown slightly.
- Add carrots, garlic, bay lead, basil, thyme.
- Continue to cook over medium heat for 10 minute.
- Stir in flour, tomato paste, consommé, and beer.
- Add cooked beef and cover.
- Simmer 30 minutes longer, until carrots are tender and
mixture in thick and aromatic.
- Serve over cooked egg noodles or steamed rice.
Page 1 of 1