Maxwell's Humdinger Beef and Beans
Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 20 min
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (8-ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 Tablespoon vinegar
- 2 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 can (#2-1/2) pork and beans
- 3 or 4 slices American cheese
- In a saucepan, add ground beef, green pepper, celery, and onion and brown.
- Add water, tomato sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, thyme and mustard.
- Simmer for 5 minutes. Add pork and beans, cook until heated through.
- Add cheese slices and melt.