Arizona Ranger's Chili
Makes 6 servings
- 1 - pound bacon, diced
- 1 - large onion, chopped
- 4 - cloves garlic, minced
- 2 - pounds pinto beans
- 12 - cups water
- 1 - can (16 oz.) tomato stew
2 - Ancho chile peppers, roasted, peeled, seeded, and de-veined
- 1/2 - Tablespoon New Mexico chili powder
- 1 - teaspoon salt
- 1/2 - teaspoon black pepper
- 1 - teaspoon coriander seeds, crushed
- 12 canned jalapenos
- Into a large pot at medium to high heat, add the
bacon and brown.
- Next, add onions, garlic and saut� with the
- When onions are translucent, add the beans and
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low.
- Cover and simmer for 1-1/2 hours.
- Uncover and cook for an additional 15
- Next, add the tomatoes, peppers, chili powder,
salt, black pepper, coriander and jalapenos.
- Continue to cook over low heat for 1-hour or
until beans are tender.