Table Rock Red Pork & Bean Chili
6 to 8 servings
Prep Time: 20 min
Cooking Time: 2 hrs
- 1/4 pound sliced bacon
pounds boneless pork cubed, 1/2 inch pieces
Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small
chopped white onion
jalapeno chile, chopped and seeded
garlic cloves, minced
teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
Tablespoon chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
ounces beef broth
- 1/2 cup brewed coffee
- 1 cup
- 12 ounces crushed
tomatoes with puree
- 1 can
(8 ounces) red kidney beans
- In a 8 quart pot cook bacon with medium heat.
Turn until bacon is crisp. Remove and place bacon on paper towel to
- Keep 2 Tablespoon of bacon drippings and remove
- After bacon has cooled, crumble.
- Turn your heat to medium/high and add oil. Brown
pork in 3 batches.
- Remove from pot and place on plate.
- In hot pot, add onions and jalapenos and
- Reduce heat to medium. Stir onions and jalapenos
- Now add your garlic, oregano, chili powder,
cumin, and cayenne. Cook for 1 minute.
- Return pork to pot and add broth, coffee, water
- Simmer chili, uncovered.
- Cook 2 hours and stir occasionally. You want pork
- Now stir in the beans and bring to a simmer.
- Garnish with the crumbled bacon.
- You can also garnish with chopped red onions,
fresh cilantro, lime wedges, sour cream, and salsa.
Page 1 of 1