Montana Turkey Soup
Makes 4 to 6 servings
Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: 2 hrs. 30 min.
- 1 - turkey leg (thigh & drumstick)
- 2 - celery stalks (chopped)
- 1 - medium-size onion (diced)
- 4 - cups water
- 4 - cups chicken broth
- 2 - cups cooked brown or white rice
- 2 - cups frozen green peas (thawed)
- 2 - garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 - Tablespoon fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1 - teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- In a large stockpot, you want to add
turkey, celery, onion, water, and broth. Bring to a boil and
skim off froth.
- Reduce your heat, cover, and simmer 2
hours or until turkey is very tender.
- Remove pan from heat. Take out the
turkey and lay on plate. Allow to cool.
- Discard skin and bones. Chop
turkey into bite-size pieces.
- Add turkey, rice, peas, garlic, parsley,
thyme, salt, and pepper to stock.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat.
Simmer for 5 minutes and serve.