Rocky Mountain Bean Chowder
- 1 - cup navy beans, soaked overnight
in cold water and drained
- 1-1/2 - quart water
- 1 - cup carrots (diced)
- 1 - cup tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 - cup green peppers (chopped)
- 1 - cup onions (chopped)
- 2 - teaspoon salt
- 1 - teaspoon pepper
- 2 - Tablespoon raw cracked wheat
- 2-1/2 - cup milk
- In a large stockpot, add beans and
water. Bring to a boil and cook 20 minutes.
- Add carrots, tomatoes, green pepper,
onion and continue cooking for 20 minutes.
- You want the beans and vegetables
- Use a portable blender and blend the
vegetables until smooth. Add the salt, pepper and cracked wheat.
- Bring to a boil and cook 10 minutes.
Add milk, heat and then serve.