Lola's Unbelievable Soup
6 to 8 servings
Prep Time: 10 min
Simmer Time: 1 hr
- 1 stick margarine
- 1 cup flour
- 5 cups water
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 can (16-ounces) tomatoes, chopped
- 4 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a 5 quart or larger kettle, melt margarine.
- Stir in flour and mix to a crumbly mass.
- Slowly add water, whisk until smooth.
- Add the onions, celery, and carrots. Simmer 30 minutes, stirring
- In a skillet, brown ground beef, drain, and add to soup base.
- Add broth, salt, mix vegetables, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic
- Simmer 30 minutes.