Outlaw's Vegetable Soup
Prep Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 2 hrs
- 2 pounds beef shanks
- 1 quart water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium onion
- 1 quart butter beans
- 1 quart sliced okra
- 1 pound tomatoes, chopped
- 1 quart cut corn
- Small amount of hot green pepper, if desired
- In a saucepan, add beef shanks and cover with
water. Bring to a boil.
- Add salt and reduce heat.
- Simmer 1 hour 45 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat from shanks and cube.
- Combine meat, stock, and beans, okra, tomatoes,
and corn. Add hot green pepper if you desire.
- Boil until vegetables are tender.
Page 1 of 1